When content marketing is done well, it can have wondrous effects on both your sales figures and brand reach. However, it’s not the easiest of marketing techniques to get right. If you’re struggling to improve your content marketing results, here are our top 9 tips to help you do so.
- Ensure it is goal orientated
- Diversify your content creation
- Invest in content marketing Effective content marketing depends on a business committing to the practice wholeheartedly. This means investing the resources required to ensure this type of marketing works. Whether it’s financial resources or your time and labour, content marketing isn’t necessarily cheap. In some cases, it may be more cost effective to employ the services of a content marketing agency.
- Build a streamlined workflow process
- Understand what your audience wants Though some businesses may perceive of themselves as trendsetters, the truth is that all organisations tailor their content to meet the demands of their audience. If you don’t understand what your audience wants, you’re not going to get the click-throughs you need or the traffic you deserve.
- Combine SEO and content marketing
- Provide alternatives to the ‘buy now’ button An increase in sales shouldn’t be considered the only way to identify successful content. Good content often has other beneficial results. For instance, it builds brand loyalty, grows your audience, and generates leads. This means you need to implement ‘calls-to-action’ that reflect this. One of the best ways of doing this is attempting to convert users into subscribers with a ‘subscribe now’ button.
- Optimise for social media Social media platforms can be a powerful way of growing your audience and getting your content seen. However, in order to do this, you’re going to need to optimise that content for sharing. The two most popular means of doing this are infographics and graphic quotes.
- Focus on high-quality content creation Finally, the single most effective way of improving your content marketing results is to ensure that you’re producing high-quality content. Users know when they’re being fobbed off with sub-standard content and will show their displeasure by navigating away from your pages in their droves. Ensure they don’t by giving them the best.
If you don’t have goals for your content, there’s no way of knowing whether it’s having the intended effect or not. Clear goals also put everybody on the same page. Whether it’s your marketers, copywriters, or sales teams, everyone understands what your marketing strategy is and what you’re aiming for.
While text typically ranks highest on Google’s organic search results, there’s a definite trend towards video. A successful content marketing strategy will utilise a wide range of mediums in order to appeal to a large audience and provide the audience with refreshingly diverse content. After all, variety is the spice of life.
The content creation and marketing process involves a large number of people and many different teams and departments. Communication between copywriters, graphic designers, marketing strategists and the higher-ups needs to be exemplary if content marketing is to succeed. Regular delays or miscommunications are likely to result in lower quality content that doesn’t perform as it should.
SEO and content marketing are often disassociated and handled separately. However, organic search rankings for your content can be greatly improved through the intelligent use of SEO practices. Keyword targeting can go a long way to enhancing your content’s visibility.