At Big Star, we prefer to keep things simple. The best way of doing so is via clear, honest and regular communication. We keep you in the loop throughout the entire content creation process. It means things move forwards more reliably and there are fewer missteps. Ultimately, this results in faster first-call-to-completion copy. This is what the process of Big Star typically involves:
1. First contact – The initial move is for you to pick up the phone or head to our contact form and get in touch. There’s no need to wait. We’re a friendly and approachable bunch. If you know you need help with product descriptions but aren’t entirely sure what help you need, we can guide you so that the result is wholly aligned with your business objectives, budget and timescale. So please feel free to reach out.
2. Getting to know you – The real work begins with a broader discussion about your business, your products and what copy would best work for your company. This is about getting a feel for your brand and the wider sector you’re a part of.
3. Dig into the details – Next, we firm up the details of the actual project. We’ll use this information to brief our writers, so it’s a pretty critical step. We’ll want to work out things like quantities, milestones, deadlines, audiences and SEO requirements (which our in-house SEO team can help with). We have a large capacity, so if you need high volumes of descriptions, we can handle it.
4. Assign writers and form a first draft – Once we’re all ready to go, we’ll assign writers to the project. We can call on a wide range of specialist writers, so we’ll typically match you with someone with experience in your industry. Or a writer that we think is particularly suited to your brand’s voice. After a comprehensive briefing, they’ll create their first draft.
5. Proofing, edits and revisions – All of our writers’ work goes through our strict proofing and editing process, so nothing’s signed off unless we’re happy. When that’s all finished, we will send it over to you for approval. If you have any edits you would like made, we’ll get them done and the work back to you as quick as a flash.